Current Job Openings
Maryland Paving, Inc. is a leading producer of asphalt paving products and recycled products. Serving the Baltimore region’s paving contractors since 1964. At Maryland Paving, employees are our most important asset. The dedication of each employee is why we are award winning leaders in our industry. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, a safe working environment and the opportunity to grow your career with a stable and proud company.
Training & Development Specialist
New role that will support the training and development needs of Gray & Son, Inc. /Maryland Paving, Inc.
- Conduct training and development needs assessments. Work with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, processes, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Identify, assess and manage vendors in the design and delivery of training materials and programs. Coordinate with key external offices i.e., Baltimore MOED, to identify training obligations and resources available to company.
- Coordinate training schedules to support the hiring, training and production demands of the company. Ensure training equipment, supplies and facilities are in place to support programs.
- Conducts follow up studies of all completed training to evaluate effectiveness and measure results.
- Maintain employee training records. Track training and develop reports. Monitor employee development in support of Succession Plan.
- Develop and monitor budget for training.
- Sample training initiatives may include:
- IT training
- Annual Meetings
- Mentor Program
- Construction technical training
- Supervisory Development
- New Employee Orientation
- Shop & Equipment training
- Writing Skills
- Safety Training
- Business Finance
- Conflict Management
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent in education and experience) in Adult Education, Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology or related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with or in Construction industry, preferably in road and site work.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience developing and delivering adult learning and talent development programs
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and consulting skills
- Strong knowledge of assessment tools and usage, individual and group assessment strategies and action plan development
- Demonstrated experience with program development and implementation in the areas of employee development and leadership development
- Strong written communication skills, including proposal development, needs analysis, facilitator guides and participant materials design.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tactful clear and concise oral communication and the ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HR software
- Self-starter with solid project management skills
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) designation from ATD or
- PHR (or SPHR) from HRCI or
- CP (or SCP) from SHRM
- Multilingual in English and Spanish
Please visit www.graynson.com for current job openings with our sister company Gray & Son, Inc.
Maryland Paving Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
In personal applications are accepted Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm. M., 430 W. Padonia Road, Timonium, MD. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com or faxed to 410-771-4031. When submitting your resume please identify what position you are applying for.